Work Accident Solicitors & Work Injury Claims
A Work Accident Solicitor is a qualified lawyer who specialises in helping those who have suffered an injury in the workplace.
At Sheldon Davidson Solicitors, we have successfully settled thousands of workplace accident claims.
You can be sure that we will help you get the compensation that you deserve. For a free initial consultation, get in touch today.
Can I claim for an accident at work?
If you were injured because health and safety procedures were not being followed, it is highly likely that we will be successful in claiming compensation for you. In certain cases, you may even be able to claim work injury compensation if the accident makes an existing injury or health condition worse.
Employers are legally obligated to provide safe working environments for all staff. Unfortunately, not all live up to their responsibilities.
If you’ve suffered an injury at work, we are ready to help.
We believe that everyone should be able to carry out their work without having to worry about their personal safety.
To make an injury at work claim, the incident must have been caused by your employer’s actions – or lack of. If the accident was your fault, you will not be entitled to make a claim.
Workplace accidents commonly occur when…
- An employer does not provide the relevant training for a piece of equipment and/or a procedure.
- An employer does not provide workers with the relevant safety equipment (faulty safety equipment counts as no safety equipment.
- An employer fails to put up warning signs around hazards (such as liquid spillages) or fails to section off slipping or tripping hazards.
The company you work for is legally obliged to insure you against accidents at work so that if an accident does happen, they have the facility to suitably compensate you for your injuries.
We can also help you make a claim if you’ve contracted an industrial disease (which includes repetitive strain injuries, upper limb disorders, and many more conditions caused by unsound working conditions).
It’s important that you make your claim as quickly as possible. You have a three-year deadline from the date of the accident to begin your claim.
If you have contracted an industrial disease which did not immediately become apparent, your deadline is three years from the date of diagnosis.
Employers have a legal obligation to keep employees safe
The law provides a framework for employers to adhere to in order to safeguard the health and safety of its employees whilst at work.
Safety at work is a simple and fundamental legal requirement.
As an employee you should, at the very least, expect to go to work and return home safe and well at the end of each day.
In order to ensure this, an employer is required to provide the following for every employee, at all times:
- A safe place in which to work (including working from home, or an off-site location).
- Competent staff i.e. all staff who may be exposed to Health & Safety risks have been given adequate training.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and proper guidance on when and how it should be used.
- Safe procedures and adequate supervision in place to ensure employees operate in a way so as to eliminate the risk of injury.
Despite these legal mandates, half of all serious accidents actually occur in the workplace. The reality is that many occupations, unfortunately, involve exposure to risk. As a result, the probability of an accident is higher at work than normal.
Unless the right procedures and safeguards are adhered to, mistakes can happen. Unfortunately, sometimes people get injured as a result.
Some common examples of accidents that tend to occur are:
- Work Accidents due to the carelessness of another employee
- Work Accidents due to the negligence of an employer (such as inadequate training)
- Construction site accidents (such as falling objects)
- Falls from height (such as scaffolding or high platforms)
- Slips, trips, or falls (such as wet floors with no hazard signs or poorly lit areas)
- Work Accidents involving machinery
- Manual handling accidents or Repetitive Strain Injury
- Farm Injuries
- Electrical injuries
- Illness caused by exposure to hazardous substances such as chemicals or pesticides
Contact Manchester's Specialist Work Accident Solicitors Today
Sheldon Davidson Solicitors are highly regarded for their expertise in Work Injury Claims in Greater Manchester. So confident are we in being able to secure you the financial compensation you and your family deserve that we operate on a no win no fee claim basis. This means that in the event that your claim proves to be unsuccessful and we fail to secure a financial settlement for you, there will be nothing for you to pay.
Justice, compassion, and financial compensation are our business and we are the best at what we do. With this in mind, if you believe that you have a work injury claim, you should pick up the phone and tell us your story today. There is really nothing to lose and potentially much to gain.
Head of Litigation