Work-Related Limb Disorder & Injury Claim Solicitors
Upper limb disorders cover a number of industrial diseases that affect the shoulder, elbow, forearm, wrist or hand. These repetitive strain injuries can be caused when a worker’s job requires them to perform the same task over a prolonged period of time.
Businesses should have health and safety procedures in place to guard against these conditions, and if you feel your employer is to blame for your workplace injury then Sheldon Davidson Solicitors may be able to assist you in your claim for compensation.
Common upper-limb disorders
Here is a list of some of the more common upper limb disorders leading to industrial disease claims:
- Tenosynovitis (including De Quervain syndrome) – inflammation of the tendons in the hands or wrist, often caused by repetitive action ranging from typing to heavy lifting.
- Rotator cuff syndrome – complete or partial tearing of the muscles and tendons around the shoulder, which can be caused by lifting or pulling an object that is too heavy for you.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome – prolonged work with the hands leading to compression of the median nerve in the wrist, causing numbness, pain and pins and needles of varying severity.
- Tennis/Golfer’s elbow – causing pain and discomfort in the forearm, neither condition is specifically linked to sport and they are in fact caused by repeated actions such as bending and flexing the muscles.
- Vibration white finger – affects the hands and fingers of workers who regularly work with vibrating tools and machinery.
There are many things your employer can do to guard against these conditions, from providing you with machinery for heavy lifting to ensuring all staff have regular breaks.
How to make a compensation claim
Upper limb disorders can affect employees in any industry, from factory workers to office staff. If you are diagnosed with a repetitive strain injury and you feel your employer could have done more to prevent it, you should get in touch with Sheldon Davidson Solicitors about a claim.
You must claim within three years of receiving your diagnosis, otherwise you will no longer be eligible for compensation.
We are passionate about helping clients to seek appropriate justice and recompense, and our track record speaks for itself.
Our experienced Upper Limb Disorder Compensation Claim Solicitors act regularly for clients across Greater Manchester including Ashton, Bury, Bolton, Radcliffe, Prestwich, Middleton, Failsworth, Rochdale, Oldham, and Whitefield.
Sheldon Davidson Solicitors are a Lexcel accredited law firm. The Lexcel standard is only awarded by the Law Society to firms who meet the highest standards of practice management and customer service.
With Sheldon Davidson Solicitors in Manchester, you can be confident that your accident at work claim is in safe hands.
Call us for free now using the number at the top of the page or complete the online contact form and a member of our team will get back to you.
You have done an outstanding job in dealing with my claim and treated both myself and my wife in a totally professional manner
I would like to thank you so much for all the hard work that you put into my case which was complex and challenging. You were always professional, polite, and efficient but also had that human touch which was most welcome, especially when having to discuss personal medical information.