Forecasters have revealed Manchester is set to experience an extreme shift in the weather over December.
After a notably mild summer and autumn period, temperatures are expected to drop dramatically over the coming weeks, and frost is expected to appear. One forecaster has commented that it will be a “shock to the system” for many people.
Tips for driving in adverse weather
When the roads and pavements are extremely icy and snowy, it is best to drive only when absolutely essential. If you can avoid using your car, it is always best to – that is the only way you can be sure to avoid an accident.
Before you start your journey, you must make sure that:
- Your intended route is clear – check for accident reports and delays online
- Your windscreens, windows and mirrors are defrosted and demisted
- Your headlights and brake lights are working (and cleared of ice and snow)
- Any large blocks of ice and snow on your roof are removed, as they could slide off and cause an accident or harm a pedestrian
While driving in icy and snowy conditions, you should:
- Remain alert and cautious, even if the roads look as though they have been sufficiently gritted
- Go at a lower speed and in a higher gear, as this will help to prevent skidding during acceleration
- Avoid making sudden turns and slow down even more when you go around bends
- Stay further behind the vehicle in front than you normally would, as your brakes will not work as effectively
If you are involved in an accident
Unfortunately, no matter how carefully you drive, there is always the possibility that you will encounter a less careful road user – even in adverse conditions. If you are injured in an accident that is caused by another motorist’s carelessness, you could be entitled to make a claim.
At the scene of the accident, wherever possible, it is always advisable to:
- Get the other driver’s registration number and insurance details
- If possible, take photographs of the damage to all vehicles involved in the accident
- Call an ambulance and the police immediately if there are any injuries
Sheldon Davidson Solicitors have years of experience in handling personal injury claims, and have obtained practical financial support and expert medical care for countless clients that have been innocent victims in road traffic accidents.
Call us today on 0808 9000 990 to discuss your case, or claim online by filling in our easy-to-use form.
Jill has been fantastic. I felt I could speak to her at any point and she explained the facts very well to me .always polite and pleasant. thankyou Jill
All of your staff have been very friendly and helpful in every way and keeping me up to date with my claim
Both Victoria and Michelle have been a massive help to me, more like family.
Extremely helpful throughout the process, very polite & courteous, explained in detail anything I needed to know, would definitely recommend them to my family & friends.
I can honestly say that Victoria's help, support and guidance were a God send and truly welcome! I was able to reach an acceptable outcome. I would recommend SDS and Victoria in a heartbeat
You truly exceeded my expectations with your superb service, knowledge and smooth completion of my difficult situation.
The service I was given was excellent. I had no problem with getting in touch with my solicitor or a member of staff at any time. They were always extremely helpful. I would like to thank all the staff for their time and effort they have put in for me.
Jill was very professional from the moment she took over the case
Excellent service from start to finish
I would like to thank you for all your work on my claim and would definitely use you again
I would recommend Sheldon Davidson 100% as you can be assured you will always get the best service possible.
Thank you for the handling of my claim! You exceeded my expectations. Great service. Great outcome.
I'm very pleased with the quick and excellent service provided
I have been very happy with all the help your staff have given me during my claim.
You have done an outstanding job in dealing with my claim and treated both myself and my wife in a totally professional manner
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant, whenever I needed advice they were always available!
Excellent advice always kept me up to date with everything I would recommend them to anyone
Thank you to your company. I will be recommending Sheldon Davidson's as I have found you more than helpful and very quick