News Index

What to do if you are knocked down by a cyclist

09 | 10 | 14

By SheldonDavidsonSolicitors

Most people associate road traffic accidents involving pedestrians with cars and motorcycles, but they are not the only vehicles that can cause serious harm to people. Accidents involving bicycles and pedestrians can also result in injuries, and in some cases, it may be that the cyclist was at fault.

This issue hit the headlines in Manchester recently, when a woman was knocked down by a cyclist in the city centre as she was making her way to Piccadilly train station.

Witnesses reported that the cyclist rode off without checking whether the woman he collided with was alright. She was knocked unconscious and suffered a severely broken elbow, which had to be corrected through complex surgery and will take four months to heal.

Unfortunately, it can be much more difficult to track down negligent cyclists than negligent drivers, as bicycles do not have unique registration numbers. However, if the cyclist can be identified or takes responsibility at the scene of the incident, you may be able to make a claim.

Have you been injured in a road traffic accident?

Regardless of the vehicle involved, if you have been injured because of someone who was not paying proper attention to the road, it is important to seek legal advice from an experienced solicitor who will discuss your options with you.

Sheldon Davidson Solicitors have handled many road traffic accident claims, and as well as providing legal guidance we will arrange for you to receive high-quality medical care as quickly as possible.

In any personal injury claim, such as road traffic accident claims or medical negligence claims, it is important to seek help from an experienced Personal Injury Solicitor as soon as possible, as your claim must be made within three years of the incident. If you are looking to pursue a compensation claim for injuries sustained in an accident that was not your fault, contact Sheldon Davidson Solicitors on the number at the top of the page or alternatively, you can fill in our online claim form to submit your enquiry.